top of page

What if the person to be served in New Jersey cannot be found or is evasive?

Process Server NJ

If the named party in the documents cannot be found, the court may allow service by publication in a newspaper or by mail. Typically, the court may request that a reasonable attempt be made to actually serve the defendant or the person named before they grant permission to allow service by publication. This is why it is so important to hire a professional New Jersey Process Server who is familiar with local rules and regulation. Our NJ Process servers are highly experienced in serving evasive people. Also, in New Jersey “Substitute Service” on a family member over the age of 14 who resides in the same household is acceptable. Substituted Service is not permitted in certain types of legal matters such as divorce petitions where the individual must be served personally. Substituted Service should be done as the last resort and shown as part of the Due Diligence process. Please be sure to always refer to the rules of civil procedure in your state to make sure you are in compliance with local rules and regulations.

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Google+ Basic Square
  • LinkedIn Social Icon
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
bottom of page