Please reload

Recent Posts

What if the person to be served in New Jersey cannot be found or is evasive?

October 13, 2015

Please reload

Featured Posts

How to Serve Legal Documents to an Inmate in New Jersey Prison

June 21, 2018

If you need to serve legal documents and you have reason to believe that the person you want to serve is currently incarcerated, the first step to take is to locate the inmate. Find out in which facility the person is detained. You may search the county jail, state prison or federal prison. You may also search online by visiting the State Department of Corrections website if the person is in a state prison or you can search online on the Federal Bureau of Prison’s Inmate Locator. In either case, make sure to use the person’s full name for the search. Alternatively, you may call the facility directly and inquire if the person is an inmate there. The information you need to obtain is the name and address of the facility, inmate number, and inmate scheduled release date.